– Chelated with a guaranteed analysis of 10% calcium
– 100% water-soluble … Does not have to go through biological breakdown
– Immediately available to the soil and growing plants
– Improves Nutrient Uptake
– Increases Yield and Crop Quality
– Improves Nitrogen Efficiency when applied with liquid nitrogen
– See first season results…No waiting 6-12 months like with dry lime
Calcium, as an essential plant nutrient in the soil, is often overlooked. Too many times when soil tests show a low pH the immediate reaction is to spread more lime. However, ag-lime tends to be insoluble and can take years to break down and show its effectiveness. In fact, the odds are good that your soil may already contain more undissolved limestone than soil tests are calling for.
Rather than just looking at soil pH, an effective soil test should also include the quantity of soluble calcium (measured in ppm or %) and the calcium % base saturation in the soil. pH alone is not a valid indicator of soluble calcium levels in the soil. For example, when pure sand is analyzed it has a neutral pH but has no available calcium.